Current Urgent Donation Needs
At CCU, we support people living on the street or in other crisis situations. Our goal is always to help people find long-term housing, but in the immediate term, we help people where they are at. The following are our most urgently needed items:
- Cell phones (wiped clean and w/out passcodes)
- Disposable Razors
- Personal size Hand Sanitizer
- Underwear for men (sizes: M/L/XL)
- Underwear for women (sizes: 6/7/8/9)
- Boots and Sneakers for men and women
- Socks for men and women
- Hand and Foot Warmer Packs
Other Possible Needs:
- Tents and Sleeping Bags (we like to have a few on hand for people in desperate need...please contact Aisha Mobley first--contact info below--to learn if we have a need)
Other Ways to Support
- Financial Donations: Give online to support your neighbors in need or mail a check or money orders payable to CCU and mail to: Christian Churches United, 413 S. 19th Street, Harrisburg, PA 17104
- Welcome Home Kits: Help an individual or family with an apartment Welcome Home Kit after being homeless. A good individual or group project. Currently not listed as an urgent need above because we have a decent supply on hand.
- Shower Kits: Help someone on the street with a warm shower. A good individual or group project. Currently not listed as an urgent need above because we have a good supply on hand.
Want to Help? Contact Aisha Mobley, Community Mobilization Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (717) 963-5985 to confirm our current needs or discuss ways you, your church, your employer or your civic group can support your neighbors in need.